Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Day 2
Today at America's Test Kitchen, we started the day with a meeting with everyone involved in Cook's Illustrated. They were already planning things for their issue for next January and February, which I thought was insane, but I guess it must be done sometime. At the meeting they discussed ways they can make the articles better. They also talked about fixing the survey so it is more helpful to them while still being convenient for the subscriber. Once the meeting was over, I helped test grill lights that will show up in a July/August article. While I was helping the lady I found out that she went to Vanderbilt before working in Boston. I was so excited. Someone in Boston who actually knows about Nashville and even went to Vandy. While testing the grill lights we talked about the Music City Bowl and how we were both ecstatic that Boston College lost. I realize that I am going way into detail about this, but this was probably the best news I had the whole day. Later on in the day, I helped another lady in the deparment finding food saver bags/devices so they could be tested later this week. I also watched a step by step photo-shoot for a couple of recipes. I thought that the photo-shoot was really interesting because I take photography and really like it. I was surprised to find the people who were preparing the food for the photo-shoot having a hard time. EVERYTHING had to be perfect for them and for the photographer. Every few seconds the would have to clean up the surface some of the foods were on because a mess would occur before everyone was in place and the photographer could take the picture. Towards the end of the day, they were winding down, so I got to leave. The public transportation today went much better than yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment