To begin my day I walked into work when the groceries came so I unloaded the groceries with the test cook interns. Yesterday I mentioned that I was going to shadow Yvonne for part of the day. I got to help her out while she was working on another 5 recipe test for upside down apple cake. I got to peel all of the apples and then take the core out of them. Since I am not allowed to use a knife, taking the cores out of them was more difficult than I thought. Instead, I used a tablespoon measure. I can confidently challenge anyone reading this blog who isn't in the cooking industry in an apple peeling contest. You will fail. Other than that I researched Israeli Couscous and got to sample some of people's 5 recipe tests. Oh, and shred some more chickens. I love chicken but when I have to take the fat off of it and then shred the meat it gets me. Because then I realize that I am holding part of a chicken by its ribs or one of it's legs. But I am not alone on that one so it is alright.

On a brighter note, this is the snow that Will and I trudged through when we went sledding all day Monday. After a snow storm the snow does not melt. Instead, it just stays where it is. (because it does not even get above 30 degrees here in the winter) So then when another snow storm comes, it just adds on to the snow that is already there. Reason why it looks like it snowed 2 1/2- 3 ft. in the picture.
Only two more days at work. Hopefully they will be rather eventful.
No comments:
Post a Comment