Wednesday, January 14, 2009

All About Food

This is the face I come home to everyday. That's Loralie. She's a sweetie.



Today at work I did some recipe research for an upside down apple cake, had to email some more people for Eco friendly skillets, and got to shred and pull the fat off of chickens. Paco was making chicken n' dumplins' (southern way) or chicken and dumplings (the way they say it. Yankees *sigh*....) So since pulling fat of of chicken parts and then shredding it doesn't involve fire or knives, I got to help out. Recently, I have had the urge to make a tiered fondant cake. Marcus was giving me some information about where I could buy it yesterday. Today I asked him where the store was so that I could possibly stop by there on the way home. He had to go buy chocolate at the same place and offered to walk with me there. Even though he ended up not being able to go, it was a real nice gesture. But he said he was going to bring in a book for me tomorrow about fondant icing and how I can make it. Marcus also told me that America's Test Kitchen had marble slabs which would be really convenient for me to make fondant there. SO I MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE SOMETHING.YESSS.


However, I was informed today about a job I am going to do tomorrow. Rearrange all of the cook book categories and the books in the library. Really? Why? That is so cruel. I have done my best in helping them out and doing everything correctly and then they want me to do this? This library is HUGE. Unfair. But anyway... When I got home from work I made rice krispy treats since I couldn't make my cake :).
Happy Hump Day!

1 comment: